Southern Marsh Orchids

Southern Marsh Orchids

Monday 19 May 2014

Glamorgan Botany Group excursion to Rhoose Point Pt 1

The Glamorgan Botany Group held a field meeting at Rhoose on Saturday, and I was lucky enough to tag along and hopefully learnt a few new things!  I say Rhoose, rather than Rhoose Point because we covered some of the less well-trodden and less known areas including the old quarry south of Rhoose village. I will post groups of photos over the next few days of the highlights from the day.  Here are the first few:

Field Madder(I think!)


OK, it's not a plant, but there aren't many fungi around so it caught my eye and it's very photogenic!  Eyelash Fungus, Scutellinia scutellari

















Autumn Ladies Tresses
















Lastly, the obligatory Orchid-filled panorama from the Point. These are Southern Marsh Orchids.  Give it another couple of weeks and it will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment